Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Black & White vs Color







I'm on the fence with this particular image. Usually I can look at a image and right away I know if it's going to be black & white or color. I think this image fits both but maybe I'm leaning more on the black & white. click on the thumbnails for a larger view. Thoughts?

It was taken in the beautiful Point Reyes National seashore! Be sure to pay this lovely landscape a visit. Truly an Awe moment!

To see in color is a delight for the eye but to see in black and white is a delight for the soul.
- Andri Cauldwell

1 comment:

  1. It's one of those images that works both ways. Digital makes it so easy to make the decision. We're just a desaturation away from seeing how it looks. I often don't make the black and white decision until I see it on the computer and adjust the curves and contrast. Makes me long for the 'old days' of playing in the darkroom until I'm overcome by the chemical fumes (I've worked in lots of badly ventilated places).

    ReplyDelete